Friday, July 9, 2010

Messy Rooms

So this week for Wed-Friday I have been working in a 3rd grade classroom, big surprise since it seems that 3rd grade is what I have been doing a lot lately. Anyways the teacher I have been subbing for this week is a very nice lady who I worked with last year. The main issue I have is that her classroom has way too much stuff in it and the stuff is everywhere!! She has gifts from students that look like they have been here for awhile. Also, there is a small Christmas tree on top of her filing cabinet and it is now July!!! Teachers need to learn how to purge! If you haven't used it in the past year then toss it! Yes, gifts from students are nice but please throw them away after the student has moved on the next grade unless it is really nice. A little house made out of cookie boxes is not to be kept in the long run. It makes your classroom look messy, unorganized and it also collects a lot of dust. If you could keep it simple than it would be easier for you to keep your classroom clean! I can't wait to have my own classroom and keep it nicely organized and clean. Stuff should not be everywhere, lets all try to remember that. I also believe that having a clean organized room will help students become clean and organized as well, at least some of them.

On another note, these 3rd grade students have been driving me crazy, they talk to much, try to get away from with things and just don't want to listen. Today I felt like a secret agent as I saw a boy playing with pokemon cards when he was supposed to be doing independent reading. I didn't let him see that I was watching him and I moved up behind him and caught him with the cards. I took them away and added them to the growing pile or things that I have taken away the past few days. At least the school year is almost over, 8 more days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment