Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Roving

Today was a very easy day in subland. I was a roving sub, basically auditors needed to meet with teachers so I would break them and they would be gone for about 15 minutes and then be back. Needless to say it was a very easy day, especially since it was an early release day.

I did get to go into one of the third grade classrooms which was nice because I got to see some of the students I had when I was student teaching. Of course they were in 1st grade when I had them so they have gotten bigger. They remembered me too, which was nice. There was one student in that class that I really remembered because he was awful in 1st grade, he was ADHD and always forgot to take his medication, so of course he would be causing a lot of problems. One day in class he was putting together a puzzle with a couple other students. It was a puzzle of Chucky from Rugrats, I asked the students who it was to make sure they knew. He said "It's Chucky from Rugrats and it could be the Chucky that kills people." I was very shocked when I heard him say this because obviously he had seen the movie. Just goes to show how much parenting really plays in the lives of children because who lets a six year old watch that movie! Well that is my reflection for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment