I have been substitute teaching for over two years now and have had some interesting experiences during my time. I am hoping that soon my time subbing will end and I will have a classroom all of my own. That may or may not happen this year because of more state budget cuts. A teacher that I am friends with ended up subbing while her school was on break because of something to do with how she went from a traditional school to a year round school this year. Anyways I ran into her a few times and she just couldn't believe that it is what I do every day since it gets so crazy. I just saw her last week and she told me that I should write a book about my subbing experiences. Good idea, but instead of a book I thought a blog would work better for me. So on here I will be recounting the experiences that I have had already as a substitute and also input recent experiences that I have had.
First off, I began substitute teaching when I lived in Northern California, before I attended a credential program. I got my emergency credential so I could sub. I would go to random elementary schools in the county, find lesson plans left for me and do the best that I could to follow them. I even ended up subbing in a preschool classroom for two weeks while the teacher they had hired was waiting on having her finger prints cleared. I did enjoy playing with the four year old, helping them learn their letters, do puzzles and just figure out how to socially be in a classroom. If preschool teachers weren't paid so poorly it would definitely be an area I would consider going into. I only subbed until November and then I moved back to San Diego. That was my start of substitute teaching and I didn't sub again until the spring, in April I believe. More later....
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment